Due to the uniqueness of working with inmate labor within an institutional environment, deadlines/production may be compromised or altered. KCI will make every effort to communicate this to our customers should those instances arise.
- Due to departmental policies and regulations, KCI is prohibited from delivering to private residences.
- All orders are shipped F.O.B. destination within the state of Kentucky. Pre-paid delivery service includes TAILGATE DELIVERY only.
- Inside delivery and/or set-up is available upon customer request at the rate of $25.00 per hour. Charges will be added to the customers invoice.
- Please provide the following information on the Customers Purchase Order when requesting inside delivery and set-up of furniture orders:
Providing this information prior to delivery will encourage efficient scheduling of equipment and personnel to insure reasonable charges are added to your invoice. Occasional delivery delays may be experienced due to scheduling considerations on all inside delivery and set-up orders.
- Floor location in the building
- Availability of freight elevator
- Size of elevator
- Are stairs the only access to floor location?
- Width of stairs
- Width of narrow hallways and doors
- Any unusual circumstances regarding the location
- KCI trucks are scheduled to service areas in Kentucky on a timely basis. Delivery of your order will be made when the KCI truck is scheduled into the customers area in Kentucky.
- Your order may be picked up at any KCI warehouse with prior arrangement.
Orders should be signed by an authorized person and submitted to:
Kentucky Correctional Industries
1041 Leestown Road
Frankfort, Kentucky 40601-8821
Please note the contact person and phone number on all Purchase Orders. Billing and shipping address must be shown on the order. To avoid misunderstandings, the catalog number, as well as the item description should be used. Where color or finish is listed, please designate preference on the order. Do not send check or remittance with the order. Telephone orders are accepted. However, these should be followed by a written order marked "CONFIRMING" to avoid duplication.
When merchandise is received, if shipping damage or other defects are noted, please do not accept the merchandise. Please make a notation of the problem on both copies (yours and the drivers) of the delivery form. HAVE THE DRIVER SIGN BOTH COPIES. If a concealed shortage, overage, or damage is discovered later, notify KCI within 15 working days.
KCI has a 30% restocking fee for items ordered and returned. 50% (Non-refundable) advance payment (once final plans are approved) is required for custom work, with balance due upon completion.
If, after the one-hundred and eighty day limited warranty period, your unit requires service or repair, KCI will service or repair the unit. Upon request from the customer for such service, KCI will inspect the unit to determine if repair is feasible; if so, the unit will be repaired and charges assessed accordingly.
Service request may be written or verbal and directed to the Customer Service Department.
KCI warrants to the original purchaser that this product is free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of one-hundred and eighty (180) days to one (1) year from the date of receipt by the by the original purchaser. If any such defect is discovered within the warranty period, KCI will repair or replace (at KCI's discretion) the unit free of charge, within a reasonable time, on receipt of notification. Such notification can be written or oral. All service requests must be in writing and directed to the attention of our Customer Service Department.
Many of KCI's products are backed by our supplier's warranty for longer periods beyond one year. For additional details/information contact our Customer Service Department.
This warranty does not apply to defects from abuse, misuse, neglect, or alteration.
- State Agencies will be inter-accounted for charges.
- Other government units will be invoiced.
- For Private sector sales, payment is due at time of order.
Every effort is made to maintain competitive pricing for all KCI products and services. However, changes in material and operating costs necessitate price adjustments on various items and, from time to time, items are discontinued or styles revised. If this occurs on any item on your order, you will be consulted before your order is processed.
Customer Service Department
All KCI products are supported by the KCI Service Department to handle repairs and replacement parts. Service calls are $40 per hour (one hour minimum) plus parts. Please refer to the Limited Warranty and Service Policy for information.
To schedule a service call, contact our Warehouse Supervisor at (502) 573-1040 ext. 267.